Consultation fee: £70 per hour (maximum duration 2 hours)
Charged in completed 15 minute increments of £17.50*
Typical consultation fees
- Initial consultation (1.5 hours): £105
- Follow-up consultation (½ hour): £35
- Brief phone consultation (up to 10 minutes): Free
- Telephone consultation (15 minutes and over): £17.50 per 15 minutes
- Medicine costs vary according to need, but are typically £5 – £10 per week
- Specialist supplements and probiotics vary and are individually priced
- Lab costs vary considerably, and will be discussed fully before ordering tests
- Use of Vitamin D / UVB narrowband lamp £4 per 4 minute session
*Fees are charged for each full 15 minute consultation. So an initial consultation that lasts 1h 10m would be charged at £70, but a 1h 20m would be £87.50. Similarly a ten minute phone call is free, but a 20 minute phone consultation would be charged at £17.50
Children, benefits and concessions
- Children: £35 per hour (half price)
- Benefit claimants: £60 per hour (£10 per hour reduction)
- Note: medicine, supplements and lab tests costs cannot be discounted
Fees are payable at the end of each appointment by card, cash or cheque.
All major cards are accepted and payments can be made over the phone.
A receipt is issued as standard.
Terms and Conditions
By booking an appointment you are undertaking to do your best to attend at the agreed time. If you are going to be late, please telephone to let us know. If you have to cancel, please give at least 24 hrs notice. In the event that you miss an appointment and do not let us know we may charge a late cancellation fee of £25.
Using this site
The information presented in this site is designed to be clear and accurate to help you make an informed choice about your health care. We do not claim to cure any particular condition, because in our experience every case is unique and every patient responds differently. Therefore, it should be appreciated that we can give no guarantee as to the effectiveness of any treatment offered. We will, however, always use our skills, experience and professional judgement to do the best for you that we can, and will never encourage you to continue treatment where we believe there is little chance of progress.
Your contact details
We will never sell or share your details (name, address, email, phone number) with any other company.
All consultations, medical discussions and notes will be held in strictest confidence. They will only be shared with other medical practitioners or therapists if and when medically necessary and only then with your prior consent (for example if we needed to discuss your case with your GP, or osteopath, we would check with you first)
Ethics and Standards
As a Member of the National Institute of Medical Herbalists Afifah is bound by their code of ethics: National Institute of Medical Herbalists, Code of Ethics and Practice (pdf)